Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

It's Good to Be the King

No.1 Article of Penny Stocks

Sponser Links

Some of those that know me know that I am a huge blues fan. I've visited Memphis a consolidate of times, I've been to Buddy Guy's joint in Chicago, and I happen to live in St. Louis which has deep roots in blues music too. In the early 90's I watched a video produced by U2 that was released as a concert movie and included a estimate of songs with discrete artist, and the one that stuck with me was a song they wrote specifically for Bb King. I still remember what Bb said in that movie 20 years later about his guitar playing.

He said "I'm no good with chords, so you'll have to get someone else to play them. I'm horrible with chords." (In the attached video time slot 1:20 to 1:35) I never forgot that because to me there are few that can 'speak' to me with a guitar like Bb. This man is in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, the Blues Hall of Fame and he is horrible with chords... I was always amazed at that, and yet the other day I came to perceive the substantial power those two sentences have to me regarding trading. (The link is near the end of the article.)

Penny Stocks

Here is a man that is world renowned for his skill, art, style, passion, and yet something that would seem to be so basic as chord playing on a guitar, he isn't any good at it. I could only wish I was such a horrible guitar player... It begs a few questions though. Did it stop him? Did it keep him from development startling music? Did he say I will never make it because I am horrible at playing chords? Funny thought now but I would guess there were a few days that he did have doubts, but he persevered and I for one am so glad he did.

It's Good to Be the King

So what about my trading? How does Bb King being "horrible at chords" help me and by extension you? Well quite simply, we need to find what we are good at and don't worry about what some other trader seems to excel at. What works for You? I think that all of us want to build as well rounded traders, and when we start out we look at the whole spectrum of trading setups. Should I scalp, should I swing trade, day trade? Should I trade strictly price action, or maybe Bollinger Bands, Stochastics, Consolidation Breaks? Should I trade the 4 hr compression or maybe the 5 min? level technical's or do I weave in some fundamentals. The list is truly endless, I'm sure I've missed the style or set up you use.

Learning from others is highly important, I will go so far as say requisite to your success. However, I do think in the end we need to form out what we are good at and stick to the formula for our success. Our success not someone else's. So what if you can't trade a trendwall break to save your account. So what if 'naked' price activity trading scares you to death. So what if you can't dream in your wildest dreams staying in a trade overnight much less over the weekend or weeks. What matters is truly only one thing. You trade what you love and you make money doing it. I would dream that Bb King loves the sound of his own music, and your style should be no different, it should fit you.

One thing that we envision with this website (blog site right now, more to come) is to give you an opening to listen in on some real pro traders. Sit in a room with them and see what they specialize in. You may find your niche, and you may find something that does nothing for you. We have some substantial traders in our midst and some have shown a desire to let citizen stare over their shoulder as they do what they do. The goal is a room for the S&P mini trader, the Equity trader, Forex, Penny Stock and maybe someone specializing in Commodities.

Click on Link to hear Bb King talk about playing chords (time slot 1:20 to 1:35). Bb King and U2

I would love to hear your comments, let me know if this blog and what Bb said has any follow on you. Thanks for your time, and I will leave you with one more video of Bb King, the man horrible at chords and remarkable at provocative me. The Thrill is Gone '91

All the Best,

Trader Cisco
http://www.euodootrading.com

It's Good to Be the King



0 comments:

Post a Comment